Raising Awareness of Physical Disability
“This is a fantastic, visual resource that ensures learning and awareness for anyone using it”
“Ideal for lunchtime training sessions!”
These free online training modules are designed for anyone working within an educational setting who needs to develop their awareness and understanding of physical disability and the impact it can have on learning.
Each module is approximately one hour in length and uses custom graphics and scenario based learning to help users to understand the barriers or challenges that can be faced by children and young people with physical disability and the steps that can be taken to overcome these.
By the end of the training you should be able to:
- describe what is meant by physical disability
- recognise how a physical disability might affect a child or young person and their experience of learning
- know which laws and national guidelines to refer to if you want to find out about best practice related inclusion and access
- be more aware of the challenges faced by children and young people with physical disability
- know about reasonable adjustments and how they can be made
- work more effectively with children and young people, parents and the professionals in the ‘Team Around the Child’
Once registered, you are able to work through the training at your own pace and revisit as many times as you need. As you work through the modules your progress will be automatically saved, so if you need to leave the training you’ll be able to pick up where you left off when you return. A downloadable certificate is awarded on completion of the training.
Tip! The training modules work best when they are accessed via the following browsers; Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. If you are experiencing issues with slow loading times or delays between pages this will most likely be due to a slow internet connection or wireless internet problems. We suggest using a wired connection for a stronger and more consistent connection.