This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jane Carter 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #1454

    Angela Broadbent


    I would like to hear what different LAs do when receiving referrals for children in independent schools. We have always had low numbers (there are currently 3 in the south of Worcs) and we try and support where we can. We generally recycle any equipment issued. Where a child has an EHCP I believe we are obliged to go in to the school.  We are just trying to tighten up our policy and I would be interested to hear if others charge etc. for visiting.



    Jane Carter

    Hello Angela – our SENDAR Team (EHCA team) liaises with us to decide what needs to be written into Plans in terms of equipment and specialist advice; this is then funded through the Plan.  Non specialist equipment e.g. ICT, schools would be expected to provide.  At SEN Support independent schools can access our traded service; we are very clear, however, that in accordance with the Equality Act Code of Practice, schools must not pass these costs on to parents.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.