At pdnet we are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information safe and secure.
Any queries or complaints regarding this policy should be sent via email to email@example.com or in writing to pdnet C/O SDSA, Alliance House, 6 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF.
pdnet is a free to join, national network that provides professionals in education with support in promoting positive outcomes for children and young people with physical disability. We have a strong commitment to developing and sharing effective educational practice and pedagogy for learners with physical disability.
About the SDSA
The School Development Support Agency (SDSA) is the legal entity that provides business support for pdnet. The SDSA is a company limited by guarantee (Company reg. no. 04038050), operating on a not-for-profit basis as a social enterprise organisation. As the legal entity for pdnet, the SDSA is the named ‘controller’ of the information we collect about you, which means they are responsible for how your data is processed. The SDSA is committed to ensuring that your data is strictly only used for matters relating to pdnet. For more information about the SDSA please visit www.sdsa.net.
For the purpose of this policy the use of ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to both pdnet and the SDSA.
When do we collect information from you?
We may obtain information about you in the following ways:
- When you register as a pdnet member
- When you book to attend or have taken part in one of our events
- When you register to use our online training
- When your visit our website
- When you complete a questionnaire or survey
- When you enter into a work agreement or contract with us
- If you have taken part in one of our competitions
The information we collect, store and use about you may include:
- Your name and contact details (including your full name, organisation, address, e-mail address, telephone number, job role and location).
- Your bank details (if we need to make a payment to you)
- Information about your activity when visiting our website (including your IP address, when and how many times your visit, the pages you view, your download activity and the location you access the website from).
How do we use your information?
- To provide you with membership-related communications such as newsletters, CPD opportunities and forum notifications. You are able to update your preferences at any time by logging into your account and visiting ‘your profile’.
- To send communications that you have consented to receive and that are relevant to you.
- To provide you with details about an event you have booked to attend or have taken part in.
- To consult with you about matters of national policy relating to physical disability
- To gather feedback from you about how we can improve our products or information.
- To contact you about any work agreements or contracts you have entered into with us
- To contact you about a competition you have entered
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share or sell your information with any third party organisation.
However, sometimes we may need to share your information with a trusted, third party subcontractor who is delivering a service on our behalf (for example to process payments). Where this is necessary, the third party will enter into a legal contract with us which will require them to keep your information secure and will prevent them from using it for their own marketing purposes.
How do we keep your information safe?
We take appropriate measures to ensure the information you share with us is kept safe and secure. All information is held securely on encrypted devices and secure online platforms that conform with GDPR legislation. SDSA also hold the Cyber Essentials security certificate.
If you have created an account on our website, you are responsible for keeping your password safe. We suggest that you do not share you login details or password with anyone else.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only keep your information for as long as is reasonable and necessary for the purpose it was collected. Following this all information will be either deleted or destroyed securely or made anonymous. We review all of the information we hold on a yearly basis.
What are my rights?
You have the right to:
- Access the information we hold about you at any time
- Make changes to the information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or out of date
- Ask us to delete all of the information we hold about you, as long as there is no legal requirement for us to keep it
- Withdraw consent for us to use your information, if you have previously given consent
- Object to us using your information for certain purposes (e.g. marketing)
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to pdnet C/O SDSA, Alliance House, 6 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF.